Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My 1st Sewing Creation



My friend Jenny, organized a beginner's sewing class at her house. I wasn't going to go since I didn't have a babysitter. After a long day at home, and still in our jammies, I started calling around for a babysitter at 4pm. I was desperate and needed time for myself and thankfully I found not 1, but 2 sitters. I made it to Jenny's just in time.


Jenny had everything ready for us. The fabric was cut and we just have to choose from a variety of pretty colors. As usual, being the indecisive person that I am, it took me forever to pick a fabric but I did find the perfect one for me. Since I didn't have a sewing machine, I patiently waited for an available one. Hey, I didn't mind. I had Jenny's delicious red velvet cake while waiting. By 10:30, I finally finished my creation and I loved it. After I dropped the girls home, I excitedly took pictures of my pillow, posted it on my playgroup site, and sent it to Roger. It was a great night with great friends and great food.


The next day, Leila notice the pillow. She asked me where I got it and I told her that I made it at Jenny's. She gasped and said "you made it for me, mama?" What can I say, but yes. Then she told me that I have to make one for William (she is always thinking about him, my sweet girl).


I am so proud of myself for being able to create something with my own hands. Maybe the seamstress in me kicked in (my grandfather was a master seamstress). I can't wait for next month's class.


No comments: