Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A New Home

We had decided to foreclose our home since we were just losing money on it. It was sad to leave our first home but it's for the best.

We received a note from a broker that our home was bought back by the bank. We could fight to stay or they give us "cash for keys" to leave the house trash free. Since we didn't want an eviction record to haunt us forever, we opted for the "cash for keys." We did have to leave the house at the end of January.

We had 2 weeks to look for a place to stay and since Roger is only home on the weekend, I was left with the looking and packing. It was very stressful for me and I don't deal with stress really well. Thanksfully, I found a house on the 18th. We signed the lease on the 22nd and started moving after the signing. We were able to move the "big" stuff that day and spent the night on the new house. We had a week to clear the other house. Whew!

We've been in the new house for 25 days and I couldn't have been happier with the place. It's a bigger and newer house and the backyard is huge (well, compared to the other backyard). We'll be here for a year and hopefully, we could stay longer.

I miss the "old" house. I drive there once in a while. I miss our neighbors. It was, afterall, our first home but it's a new year and life goes on.

No comments: