Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Mommy, What's Wrong With Your Shoes?

April 1st, the kids and I decided to go to the Galleria since we were in the area already. We played at the play-area, had lunch and walked some more. I decided to check out shoes at Nordstrom. When we got there, I tried on a pair of flats. All of a sudden, Leila said "Mommy, what's wrong with your shoes?". I was confused with the question so when I looked down, I was wearing the wrong pair! My first reaction was "OMG, how embarassing", so we left Nordstrom as fast as we could. For those of you who are familiar with the Galleria, it's a long walk from Nordstrom to Starbucks.

So now, I was concious of it and tried to hide it (you don't notice it when you are walking). I got over the embarassment and I thought it was hilarious that I started laughing at myself. Everytime Leila says "Mommy, stop laughing. It's not funny", the more I crack up. She was concerned about other pair and hoped that it was at home. I thought she'd forgotten about it but the moment we got home, she ran into the house, opened the coat closet and found the other pair and yelled "Mommy, I found it."

I guess I will be double checking my shoes before I leave the house again (-:


4 comments:

annie said...

LOL! That is hilarious! I love that she kept telling you to stop laughing...she was so concerned...and even more that she ran in and found your shoe for you. This is too funny, Mabel. I better check my shoes next time I leave the house...it could happen.

Jenny Skibo said...

At least they were both black! That's so great how Leila was just mortified with the whole ordeal! Just wait until she's a teenager!! :) Thanks for sharing, AND taking a pic!

Kelly said...

Very, very funny!! :)

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahaha! You know you're a mom when you start doing things like this. That is hilarious!